Friday 23 March 2012

Cycling my new 3ft by 2 ft by 2ft marine tank - Seeded by Ocean Free A-Z Super Beneficial Bacteria

Last month, I brought a 3ft x 2ft x 2ft cabinet tank with sump from a fellow reefer.

Until now, it has cycled for almost three weeks with live rocks and bio-home filter media.

I seeded the cycle with Ocean free A-Z Super Beneficial Bacteria and added a piece of market pawn into the sump.




To further assist the cycling process, I added the used filter wood from my present 2 ft tank. The used filter wool contains a lot of beneficial bacteria, it can greatly reduce the cycle period. The only worry is to make sure the old tank which the wool comes from is free of ich.

Yesterday, I checked ammonia and nitrite are all zero. It means the tank are fully cycled. Will be adding some Chromis this weekend to test the water and do a small water change. I like to use Chromis to be first fishes to add to the new tank because they are hardy fish and it is very easy to see if the water condition has any problem from the Chromis. Just look at their breathing and the color of the fish, you will know the condition of the water.



No comments:

Post a Comment